The Gazette & News 6th May 1898

St Chad

St Chad’s Church
Poulton

 

St Paul's

St Pauls Church
North Shore Blackpool

The Masonic brethren of the Fylde have a full day’s programme mapped out for them tomorrow, (Saturday).  A joint circular has been issued by the W.M.’s of the 7 Lodges in Blackpool, Poulton and Fleetwood in connection with the visit of the Right Hon. Lord Skelmersdale P.G.W., P.Pr.G.W. who has been deputised by his father, the Earl of Lathom, Provincial Grand Master, to take a leading part in several ceremonials.  The Fidelity Lodge, Poulton, is to open at noon and at 1:15 a service will be held in Poulton Parish Church, and a window in memory of the late Bro. Dr. John Winn, P.Pr.G.D.C., unveiled.  At 3:00 Provincial Grand Lodge will be opened at the Christ Church School, Blackpool and a procession being formed at 3:30.  The ceremony of laying the North East corner stone of St Paul’s Church, North Shore will commence at 3:45. Afterwards the members will proceed to Upper Adelaide Street where the corner stone of the new Masonic Hall is to be laid.  The closing of Provincial Grand Lodge is timed for 5:00 and at 6:00 a banquet will be served at the Lane End Hotel to a fitting wind up of the days proceedings.

Memorial Window St Chad's Church Poulton

Memorial Window
St Chad’s Church
Poulton

Foundation Stone

Foundation Stone

The Masonic Brethren are to appear at all ceremonials in dark morning clothes, silk hats, with Craft clothing, and Craft or Royal Arch jewels only.  It is hoped that the day will be fine and then the several ceremonies are sure to be most interesting and successful.