In a letter dated 9th September 1920, W. Bro. A. Iredale was informed that the Most Worshipful Grand Master has been “pleased to accede to the prayer of the Petition for the new Lodge to be called Blackpool Lodge of Sincerity No 4175”, and that a Warrant would be prepared in due course. On 2nd February 1921 Sincerity Lodge was consecrated by the Right Worshipful Provincial Grand Master, Louis S. Winsole, with W. Bro. Iredale being installed as the first Master of the Lodge by the Deputy Provincial Grand Master, W. Bro. J. H. Burell.
At the first regular meeting in March 1921, Messrs H.Cookson and A.M. Radcliffe, each being a “lewis” were initiated into the Lodge. Since the consecration up to the present time no fewer than thirteen sons of past and present subscribing members have been admitted into the Lodge. W. Bro. Radcliffe P.Pr.G.W. was the Secretary from 1944 to 1974.
It is interesting to recall that during the years just after the consecration it was not unusual for the Lodge meetings to be three to four hours in duration, often closing as late as 9.30 p.m., this being due to multiple ceremonies – sometimes four or five at one meeting. In 1925 W. Bro. T. Thornley received the Lodges first Provincial honours, that of P.Pr.J.G.D.
Sincerity Lodge has always met at Adelaide Street and during 1927 the brethren agreed to purchase 150 shares in the Blackpool Masonic Hall Ltd., and the following year this holding was increased to 1,550 shares.
During the Second World War it was the privilege of the Lodge to entertain many of our brethren from our own and overseas forces who were stationed in and around Blackpool. The fellowship created was much appreciated by our visitors.]
On Wednesday 12th February 1986 the Lodge banner was dedicated by the Deputy Provincial Grand Master Bro. Kenneth E. Moxley and Provincial Officers, past and present. Bro E. Howarth designed the banner and, with the help of his family spent innumerable hours in its making