At a Lodge Meeting in 1940 a letter was read requesting that all Jewels should be relinquished in order to provide gold and silver scrap for the Government Was Effort. The result of the assay was £10,000.00 which was handed to the Treasury. A notice of motion was given in 1943, “That for the duration of the War the annual subscription shall be reduced to half a guinea (52p) for those Members of the Lodge engaged in full time Service with H.M, Forces, including the Merchant Navy, to be retrospective from the date of enlistment.”
A new Candidate in May 1948, was Mr. Sidney Clayton. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Order, the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Distinguished Flying Medal, for his legendary air exploits as a navigator and later, as a pilot of Mosquito bombers on no less than 146 operational trips over Germany and its occupied territories. On his “demob” he had gained the rank of Squadron Leader. He was Worshipful Master in 1960 and appointed P.Pr.J.G.D. in 1975. At the time of his tragic death in 1976 he was the A.D.C. of the Lodge.
A joining member in 1973, was Bro. Newton Roberts. In 1945 he was awarded the British Empire Medal (Military), for his devotion to duty as Petty Officer in charge of the Radar Installations for the operation of 819 Squadron (Royal Naval Air Service) during the days of the battle of the Atlantic.
The London Gazette for Monday 13th November 1972, chronicles the presentation of the George Medal to Constable Ian Hampson. There is a lengthy account of a vicious robbery which took place in the centre of Blackpool, the subsequent car chase and ruthless violent attacks by the gunman in which Constable Hampson was shot in the chest. He made a full recovery and returned to duty. On his recent retirement from the Police Force he had the rank of Inspector. He was Worshipful Master in 1986, and appointed P.Pr.A.G.D.C. in 1997 and for the last two years has been the Lodge Secretary.
The Lodge has two daughter Lodges, Bispham with Norbreck No 4731, which was consecrated in 1925, and meets at the Imperial Hotel, and Mimosa No 6047. Mimosa Lodge was consecrated in 1945 and meets at Adelaide Street.